A selection of Lord Colwyn's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 7 votes against, 7 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Colwyn’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Colwyn’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, there are only eight speakers to go. I must congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Hunt of Kings Heath, on his comments and explanation of the case for a fully funded, comprehensive and integrated health and care system. The noble Lord is a busy man: today he is talking about the long-term plan, tomorrow he is dealing with organ donations. I am interested as a retired dental surgeon and...
My Lords, I am aware that the UDAs are not very popular with the dental profession. Can my noble friend update the House on the long-term plan for the NHS published earlier this month? A recent Written Answer revealed that only 108 practices are signed up to Starting Well. As far as I am aware, the scheme has received no new funding. I declare my interest as a retired dental surgeon and a...
To ask Her Majesty's Government what action they are taking to improve the oral health of those over 65.
More of Lord Colwyn’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1966
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (20 Jun 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (29 Nov 2010 to 10 Nov 2016)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (2 Jun 2010 to 10 Nov 2016)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (14 Nov 2007 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (21 Nov 2006 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (8 Dec 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (6 Dec 1999 to 30 Nov 2000)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (17 Dec 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (5 Jun 1997 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Finance and Staff Sub Committee (5 Jun 1997 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Adminstration Sub Committee (5 Jun 1997 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, Refreshment Sub Committee (5 Jun 1997 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Medical Ethics Select Committee (22 Nov 1993 to 31 Jan 1994)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from