A selection of Baroness Falkner of Margravine's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
6 votes for, 5 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Falkner of Margravine’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Falkner of Margravine’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I start by thanking all noble Lords who have spoken in this debate. It has been extremely valuable and we will of course reflect on all the comments that have been made. I particularly thank the members of the committee who have spoken. As my noble friend Lord Shutt pointed out, a debate on the last day of term seems to be the fate of European Union Sub-Committee A, but as a...
My Lords, I am delighted to introduce the EU Committee report, Brexit and the EU Budget. I thank all members of the committee, which, along with the other sub-committees, has worked at an extraordinary pace since the referendum to examine all the significant areas of policy that will be impacted by Brexit. I benefit in my chairmanship from an extraordinary level of expertise and talent in the...
My Lords, I am unable to support the amendment. I say so with a heavy heart, but I am extremely conscious of the economic consequences, not least the ones the noble Lord just mentioned, of prolonged uncertainty. I will briefly sum up why. We have had uncertainty in this country from when the then Prime Minister made his Bloomberg speech, but more so since he started his negotiation. The...
More of Baroness Falkner of Margravine’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 15 June 2004
Positions held at time of appointment: Chief Executive, Students Partnership Worldwide. (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Chair, EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee (since 12 Jun 2015)
- Member, European Union Committee (since 8 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (3 Dec 2015 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (12 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Constitution Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Intergovernmental Organisations Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 7 Jul 2008)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Home Affairs (25 Oct 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Children, Schools and Families (27 Jul 2007 to 25 Oct 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Communities & Local Government), Department for Communities and Local Government (2 Aug 2006 to 10 Jan 2007)
- Member, Draft Legal Services Bill (Joint Committee) (23 May 2006 to 25 Jul 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Communities & Local Government), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (1 Jun 2005 to 2 Aug 2006)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (24 May 2005 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Home Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2004 to 6 May 2010)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from