A selection of Baroness Miller of Hendon's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Miller of Hendon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Miller of Hendon’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they intend to take steps to resolve the West Lothian Question in the light of the impending grant of further taxation powers to the National Assembly for Wales and the forthcoming Scottish referendum.
I thank the Minister for his reply, but surely the SNP cannot be allowed to make a bet that it cannot lose if it fails to win the referendum. Why should Scottish MPs continue to have the right to vote on exclusively English affairs?
More of Baroness Miller of Hendon’s recent appearances
Former Conservative Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1993
Left the House of Lords on 21 June 2014 — Died
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (24 Nov 2009 to 17 Oct 2011)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (30 Nov 2006 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Trade & Industry (16 Dec 2005 to 11 Jan 2007)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, (Also Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland - Not In Shadow Cabinet) (13 Jun 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Trade & Industry (20 May 2005 to 13 Jun 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Economic Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Economic Affairs (10 May 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Miller of Hendon’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 43.04% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 406 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from