A selection of Baroness Henig’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
10 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011.
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Henig’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Henig’s full vote analysis page for more.
I am extremely pleased to support the noble Baroness, Lady McIntosh of Pickering, who introduced this amendment in, if I may say so, an extremely detailed speech, which means that I can be somewhat briefer. I think noble Lords will be pleased about that, because I have a dreadful cough which might manifest itself in the next five minutes. I apologise if it interrupts what I want to say. I was...
I apologise to the noble Baroness for what happened earlier. Clause 10 agreed. Schedule 2 agreed. Clause 11 agreed. Clause 12: Power to restate retained EU law
The Question is that Clause 10 stand part of the Bill.
More of Baroness Henig’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 15 June 2004
Positions held at time of appointment: Senior Lecturer, Lancaster University. (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Member, Justice and Home Affairs Committee (since 31 Jan 2023)
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 5 Mar 2018)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Fraud Act 2006 and Digital Fraud Committee (19 Jan 2022 to 31 Oct 2022)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2017 to 19 Jan 2022)
- Member, Licensing Act 2003 Committee (25 May 2016 to 4 Apr 2017)
- Member, European Union Committee (27 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub Committee C - External Affairs (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (24 Nov 2009 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Draft Bribery Bill (Joint Committee) (11 May 2009 to 16 Jul 2009)
- Member, Draft Legal Services Bill (Joint Committee) (23 May 2006 to 25 Jul 2006)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (24 May 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)