A selection of Baroness Thornton’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
13 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2008–2011.
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010.
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Thornton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Thornton’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask His Majesty’s Government what steps they plan to take to address the pay inequality experienced by Black, Asian and other minoritised women as identified in a report by the Fawcett Society, Ethnicity Motherhood Pay Penalty, published on 31 July.
I thank the Minister and welcome her back to her old job, and of course I send my best wishes to the noble Baroness, Lady Scott. This Question concerns three-way discrimination at play, which this report reveals. Black and minority ethnic women face a gender pay gap, an ethnicity pay gap and, on top of that, a clear motherhood pay penalty. This is particularly so for women of Pakistani...
More of Baroness Thornton’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1998
Currently held offices
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (since 21 Feb 2023)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (since 21 Feb 2023)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Equalities and Women's Issues) (since 18 May 2021)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (10 Jan 2018 to 10 May 2022)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) ( 1 Nov 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Equalities and Women's Issues) (17 Oct 2011 to 1 Jul 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) ( 8 Oct 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health (25 Mar 2010 to 11 May 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (19 Feb 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- Baroness in Waiting (HM Household) (Whip) (18 Feb 2008 to 19 Feb 2010)
- Government Whip (25 Jan 2008 to 25 Mar 2010)
- Member, Communications and Digital Committee (23 Apr 2007 to 18 Dec 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D ( 6 Dec 1999 to 30 Nov 2000)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (24 Nov 1998 to 11 Nov 1999)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)