A selection of Baroness Thornton's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
13 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Thornton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Thornton’s full vote analysis page for more.
What impact assessment has been carried out on the effects of Babylon’s GP at hand app – Baroness Thornton.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they are taking to safeguard the supply of medicines and medical devices in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
I thank the Minister for his Answer. This Question was prompted by the National Audit Office report published last week, which justified considerable concern among NHS workers and patients about the availability of basic medicines if the UK crashes out of the European Union. I wish to raise two specific concerns with the Minister. It seems likely that the availability of the flu vaccine will...
More of Baroness Thornton’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1998
Currently held offices
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (since 1 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Equalities and Women's Issues) (17 Oct 2011 to 1 Jul 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (8 Oct 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health (25 Mar 2010 to 11 May 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (19 Feb 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- Baroness in Waiting (HM Household) (Whip) (18 Feb 2008 to 19 Feb 2010)
- Government Whip (25 Jan 2008 to 25 Mar 2010)
- Member, Communications Committee (23 Apr 2007 to 18 Dec 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (6 Dec 1999 to 30 Nov 2000)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (24 Nov 1998 to 11 Nov 1999)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from