My Lords, does the Minister agree that the noble Lord, Lord Dykes, was somewhat harsh in his Question when you consider that he is talking about the next Heads of State meeting, yet Her Majesty’s Government have had to cancel tomorrow’s Cabinet meeting because they cannot agree a position to put to it? So Mr Dykes has been too harsh on the Heads of State.
My Lords, will the Minister join with me in congratulating Arsenal Football Club and its players on the work that they have committed themselves to doing, which involves going into prisons and helping current offenders to become motivated and receive training that will equip them better for when they leave prison?
More of Lord Tomlinson’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1998
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Insurance Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (27 Nov 2014 to 24 Dec 2014)
- Member, EU Sub Committee F - Home Affairs, Health and Education (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Audit Committee (Lords) (13 Dec 2008 to 14 Jan 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (13 Nov 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (22 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- Member, European Union Committee (29 Nov 2004 to 26 Apr 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (8 Dec 2003 to 30 Nov 2007)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, European Union Committee (3 Dec 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (24 Nov 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Overseas Development) (3 Jan 1977 to 4 May 1979)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (17 Mar 1976 to 4 May 1979)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Tomlinson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 62.18% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Tomlinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 234 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from