A selection of Lord Trefgarne's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 11 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Trefgarne’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Trefgarne’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Gardiner of Kimble on 14 June (HL16066), whether they have any plans to construct a national water grid.
Before my noble friend authorises the additional services requested by the noble Lord, Lord Beith, and no doubt well justified, can she do anything about the existing services on South Western Railway, whose services were again seriously disrupted last week?
To ask Her Majesty's Government what consideration they have given to whether there will continue to be sufficient supplies of water for all purposes, including domestic purposes, if climate change continues as expected.
More of Lord Trefgarne’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1960
Currently held offices
- Chair, SLSC Sub-Committee A (since 4 Sep 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (8 Jun 2015 to 1 Jul 2019)
- Member, Inquiries Act 2005 Committee (16 May 2013 to 26 Feb 2014)
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (6 Jul 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (24 Nov 2009 to 17 Oct 2011)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (24 May 2005 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Committee on the Speakership of the House (9 Jul 2003 to 19 Dec 2005)
- Member, Committee for Privileges and Conduct (Lords) (20 Nov 2002 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Committee of Selection (Lords) (21 Jun 2001 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (13 Dec 2000 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, European Union Committee (6 Dec 1999 to 30 Nov 2000)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (6 Dec 1999 to 30 Nov 2000)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (4 Jul 1994 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (23 May 1979 to 28 Oct 1982)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (19 Apr 1975 to 22 Nov 1976)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from