A selection of Lord Tordoff's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2008–2011
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2011
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Tordoff’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Tordoff’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, some years ago I had the pleasure of visiting the islands with the South Atlantic Council, under the aegis of the noble Viscount, Lord Montgomery. On that visit, there were a number of people from industry and the arts with various connections here. In particular, there were two colleagues of mine from the oil side of the Anglo-Dutch company which I served for many years. They made...
With all due respect to the Minister, he should not keep popping up and down. We are at the Report stage of the Bill and people should speak only once. I understand the pressure on him to intervene after what the noble Lord has just said, but this feels more like a Committee stage than a Report stage to me.
My Lords, I like to keep the traditions of the House going, but I must say that "the noble and learned Lord" really is a bit odd, is it not? We had two Nobel prize winners in this House at one time, but they were not "noble and learned", they were just "noble". That illustrates the futility of this whole business. Of course, "learned in the law" is what it says, but we do not say that. I am...
More of Lord Tordoff’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1981
Other offices held in the past
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (24 May 2005 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Freedom of Information Advisory Panel (Lords) (7 Dec 2004 to 13 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committee on the Speakership of the House (9 Jul 2003 to 19 Dec 2005)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (2 Jul 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Standing Orders (Private Bills) Committee (Lords) (2 Jul 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Personal Bills Committee (2 Jul 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (28 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Privileges and Conduct, Committee for (Lords) (28 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Finance and Staff Sub Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Selection, Committee of (Lords) (21 Jun 2001 to 7 Apr 2002)
- Chairman of Committees, House of Lords (29 Mar 2001 to 13 Nov 2002)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Nov 1994 to 11 May 2001)
- Principal Deputy Chairman of Committees (16 Nov 1994 to 29 Mar 2001)
- Member, Finance and Staff Sub Committee (21 Nov 1985 to 22 Oct 1991)
- Member, Adminstration Sub Committee (5 Dec 1984 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Member, Refreshment Sub Committee (5 Dec 1984 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Member, Leave of Absence and Lords' Expenses Committee (27 Nov 1984 to 22 Oct 1991)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (20 Nov 1984 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Selection, Committee of (Lords) (7 Nov 1984 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (29 Jun 1983 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (28 Jun 1983 to 16 Nov 1988)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (17 Nov 1982 to 15 Nov 1988)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Tordoff’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 48.09% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Tordoff’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 75 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from