A selection of Baroness Barker’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 4 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011.
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Barker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Barker’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask His Majesty's Government how the Major Conditions Strategy will promote the importance of integrated physical and mental health treatment for people with long-term conditions such as diabetes and Parkinson's Disease.
My Lords, I have had the privilege of being a member of the Adult Social Care Committee, chaired by the noble Baroness, Lady Andrews, and I am now a member of the Select Committee on the Integration of Primary and Community Care, chaired by the noble Baroness, Lady Pitkeathley, so I have come to think of the noble Baroness, Lady Shephard, as my partner in crime on both of those, as we...
To ask His Majesty's Government what plans they have for HIV be part of the LGBT Veterans Independent Review; and if none, why.
More of Baroness Barker’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Currently held offices
- Member, Integration of Primary and Community Care Committee (since 31 Jan 2023)
- Member, Joint Committee on the Draft Mental Health Bill (since 19 Jul 2022)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 29 Jul 2020)
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Voluntary Sector) (since 7 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Adult Social Care Committee (19 Jan 2022 to 21 Nov 2022)
- Member, Charities Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (22 Jul 2021 to 18 Nov 2021)
- Member, Draft Registration of Overseas Entities Bill (Joint) Committee (25 Feb 2019 to 18 Jul 2019)
- Member, Citizenship and Civic Engagement Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 28 Mar 2018)
- Member, Select Committee on Charities (25 May 2016 to 26 Mar 2017)
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Voluntary Sector and Social Enterprise) (1 Jun 2015 to 7 Sep 2015)
- Member, Draft Protection of Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Nov 2014 to 3 Feb 2015)
- Member, Mental Capacity Act 2005 Committee (16 May 2013 to 25 Feb 2014)
- Spokesperson for Health (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Health (22 Feb 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (22 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Social Services, Non-Departmental & Cross-Departmental Responsibilities (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Incapacity Bill (Joint Committee) (11 Jul 2003 to 17 Nov 2003)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)