A selection of Lord Clinton-Davis's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
12 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Clinton-Davis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Clinton-Davis’s full vote analysis page for more.
What happens if the Minister’s optimism is somewhat misplaced? Does he agree that, in the event that he is wrong, this country must go its own way? In particular, might he form the view that the country is best served by being in the EU? I have been a member of the Commission for a very long time, as has my noble friend. Is it not important that an alternative view is put forward to the...
Is not the reality that the Secretary of State for Transport is more anxious to prolong the dispute than to find a solution?
My Lords, is it not quite wrong that any citizen should be left in any doubt about this issue, as people undoubtedly are? Will the Minister personally vouch that this issue will be cleared up? People should not be left in any doubt at all.
More of Lord Clinton-Davis’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1990
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Inquiries Act 2005 Committee (16 May 2013 to 11 Jul 2013)
- Member, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (23 Nov 2009 to 15 May 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (8 Dec 2003 to 30 Nov 2007)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (14 Dec 1998 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Minister of State (Trade), Department of Trade and Industry (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
- Minister of State (Department of Trade and Industry) (1 May 1997 to 1 Jan 1998)
- European Commissioner (1 Jul 1985 to 1 Jul 1989)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Trade) (8 Mar 1974 to 4 May 1979)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from