A selection of Lord Bassam of Brighton's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Bassam of Brighton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Bassam of Brighton’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many unaccompanied minors seeking asylum have been successfully transferred to the UK in each month since the introduction of Dublin III in January 2013, and from which countries those transfers were made.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what measures they will take to prevent further deterioration of Southern Rail services.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what guidance the operator of Southern Rail services is given on the safe passenger loading capacity for Sussex Coastal services.
More of Lord Bassam of Brighton’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Currently held offices
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (since 8 Jun 2015)
- Member, Sub-Committee on Leave of Absence (since 28 Jun 2011)
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 29 Nov 2010)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 2 Jun 2010)
- Member, Privileges and Conduct, Committee for (Lords) (since 2 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Chief Whip (Lords) (since 12 May 2010)
- Member, Selection, Committee of (Lords) (since 7 Oct 2008)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (since 7 Oct 2008)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (16 Dec 2008 to 1 May 2012)
- Member, Accommodation Steering Group Committee (16 Dec 2008 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Chief Whip (House of Lords), HM Household (6 Oct 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Captain of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen-at-Arms (HM Household) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Government Whip (technically a Lord in Waiting, HM Household) (12 Jun 2001 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Lords in Waiting (HM Household) (7 Jun 2001 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (28 Jul 1999 to 29 May 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from