A selection of Baroness Billingham's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Billingham’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Billingham’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I rise to express my support for the amendment of the noble Lord, Lord Moynihan, and the work that it encompasses. I regret that my contribution to this powerful legislation has been so limited. My defence is that a boring cocktail of illnesses has kept me from that task, only concluding with a total knee replacement that has in fact proved a triumph. I have followed your...
My Lords, my question relates to sport, which we do not talk enough about in this House. Public parks have been incredibly important in the provision of sporting facilities, from tennis courts to football pitches. They are indeed the grass roots of sport. Why is there such a reduction in courts and pitches? It is important that this is halted. What action are the Government taking to provide...
More of Baroness Billingham’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 9 May 2000
Positions held at time of appointment: Formerly Member (Labour) Northampton and Blaby, European Parliament (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Member, Draft Health Service Safety Investigation Bill (Joint Committee) (since 15 May 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU External Affairs Sub-Committee (12 Jun 2015 to 25 Jan 2016)
- Member, EU Sub Committee C - External Affairs (23 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Olympic and Paralympic Legacy Committee (16 May 2013 to 6 Nov 2013)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (8 Oct 2010 to 1 Oct 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (24 Nov 2009 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (11 Dec 2008 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Apr 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (26 Nov 2003 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, European Union Committee (12 Dec 2000 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (12 Dec 2000 to 20 Nov 2003)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Billingham’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 45.08% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Billingham’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from