A selection of Lord Haskel's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Haskel’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Haskel’s full vote analysis page for more.
The Minister spoke of 150 staff being taken on to do this work. Will new staff be taken on or will existing HMRC staff be stretched still further?
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether the Pension Protection Fund will be able to meet its obligations to pensioners.
I welcome the Minister to the Dispatch Box for his first Question. Bearing in mind the numbers he gave us, and also that the current BHS episode affects 20,000 people, and the recent warning from PwC that our defined pension schemes have a total deficit of £710 billion, are the Government satisfied that the current regulation is good enough to prevent poorly run schemes having to be...
More of Lord Haskel’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1993
Currently held offices
- Member, Financial Exclusion Committee (since 25 May 2016)
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (formerly Merits Committee) (since 8 Jun 2015)
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 29 Nov 2010)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 2 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 23 Jun 2015)
- Member, Digital Skills Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 4 Feb 2015)
- Member, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Committee (29 May 2012 to 28 Feb 2013)
- Member, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (25 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (4 Dec 2003 to 30 Nov 2007)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Dec 2002 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (26 Jun 2001 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Financial Services and Markets (Joint Committee) (2 Mar 1999 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (24 Nov 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Government Whip (technically a Lord in Waiting, HM Household) (7 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (21 Nov 1995 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (22 Nov 1994 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (22 Nov 1994 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (18 Apr 1994 to 8 Apr 1997)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from