As a result of COVID-19, some MPs have been less able to vote in Parliament, and this will be reflected in their voting record.
Show more detail
- 11th May to 2nd June 2020
All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.
- 2nd to 9th June 2020
The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.
- 10th June 2020 onwards
The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.
If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.
MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.
We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.
A selection of Lord Healey’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 7 absences, in 2011.
Has never voted on more EU integration Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 15 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Healey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Healey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Former Labour Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1992
Left the House of Lords on 3 October 2015 — Died
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State (10 Dec 1980 to 10 Jul 1987)
- Deputy Leader of the Labour Party (4 Nov 1980 to 11 Jun 1983)
- Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer (5 May 1979 to 10 Dec 1980)
- The Chancellor of the Exchequer (25 Mar 1974 to 5 May 1979)
- Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer (10 Apr 1972 to 28 Feb 1974)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jul 1970 to 1 Jul 1975)
- Shadow Secretary of State (20 Jun 1970 to 19 Apr 1972)
- The Secretary of State for Defence (16 Oct 1964 to 19 Jun 1970)
- Shadow Secretary of State (2 Nov 1961 to 15 Oct 1964)
- Shadow Secretary of State (10 Oct 1959 to 12 Dec 1961)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from