A selection of Lord Healey’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
Has never voted on more EU integration Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 15 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 7 absences, in 2011.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Healey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Healey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Former Labour Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1992
Left the House of Lords on 3 October 2015 — Died
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State (10 Dec 1980 to 10 Jul 1987)
- Deputy Leader of the Labour Party ( 4 Nov 1980 to 11 Jun 1983)
- Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer ( 5 May 1979 to 10 Dec 1980)
- The Chancellor of the Exchequer (25 Mar 1974 to 5 May 1979)
- Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer (10 Apr 1972 to 28 Feb 1974)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee ( 1 Jul 1970 to 1 Jul 1975)
- Shadow Secretary of State (20 Jun 1970 to 19 Apr 1972)
- The Secretary of State for Defence (16 Oct 1964 to 19 Jun 1970)
- Shadow Secretary of State ( 2 Nov 1961 to 15 Oct 1964)
- Shadow Secretary of State (10 Oct 1959 to 12 Dec 1961)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.