A selection of Baroness Hayman's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Has never voted on more EU integration
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Hayman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Hayman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Progress made in combatting neglected tropical diseases – Baroness Hayman.
My Lords, I beg leave to ask the Question standing in my name on the Order Paper. In doing so, I declare an interest as a trustee of the Disasters Emergency Committee.
My Lords, I thank the Minister for that reply and for the work that his department is doing. The humanitarian crisis in east Africa is, as the Minister said, of horrifying proportions, with 16 million people on the brink of starvation and cholera a growing threat. But lives are being saved as we speak thanks to the work of British humanitarian agencies on the ground in east Africa, funded by...
More of Baroness Hayman’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1996
Previously MP for Welwyn and Hatfield until 7 April 1979 — General election
Entered the House of Commons on 10 October 1974 — General election
Party was Labour until 3 Jul 2006; Non-affiliated until 31 Aug 2011
Also represented Welwyn and Hatfield
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (27 Nov 2006 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (23 Nov 2006 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Lord Speaker (4 Jul 2006 to 9 May 2011)
- Member, Constitution Committee (1 Dec 2004 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Committee on the Assisted Dying for the terminally ill Bill (30 Nov 2004 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (3 Dec 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food) (29 Jul 1999 to 9 Jun 2001)
- Minister of State, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (28 Jul 1999 to 8 Jun 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health (28 Jul 1998 to 28 Jul 1999)
- Minister (Department of Health) (28 Jul 1998 to 29 Jul 1999)
- Minister of State (Department for Environment, Transport and the Regions) (6 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Roads), Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Hayman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 49.54% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Hayman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 303 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from