A selection of Baroness Murphy's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 4 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 13 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Murphy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Murphy’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I speak with no more expertise in agriculture than being resident in rural south Norfolk, so I am rather like my noble and learned friend Lord Hope in that respect; I am surrounded by fields. The county of Norfolk has the largest agricultural sector of any English county and contributes 7% of English food production. I am a psychiatrist first and a historian second. I do not think...
My Lords, I, too, pay tribute to the noble Lord, Lord Dholakia, for his admirable perseverance in this matter in the face of official intransigence. There are good reasons why the age of criminal responsibility should be raised, not least because we have fallen so far behind every other civilised country in how we deal with crime in children. That is not to say that we have not made...
Could I just ask the Minister whether he has seen trees in Norfolk?
More of Baroness Murphy’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 28 June 2004
Positions held at time of appointment: Chairman, North East London Strategic Health Authority. (from Number 10 press release)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Leader's Group on Members Leaving the House (L) Committee (1 Jul 2010 to 13 Jan 2011)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (1 Dec 2004 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (22 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Murphy’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 23.41% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 11 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Murphy’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 162 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from