A selection of Lord Rana's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 12 absences, between 2008–2011
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Rana’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Rana’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, last year in Malta many Commonwealth heads expressed a desire for CHOGM 2018 to be held in the UK but outside London, as there is a concern that the Commonwealth is becoming a London-centric organisation. In the light of this, and Belfast’s expertise in countering violent extremism—the main point on the upcoming agenda—what consideration have the Government given...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their assessment of the impact of Brexit on the future of the Belfast Agreement.
More of Lord Rana’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 30 June 2004
Positions held at time of appointment: Founder, Andras House Ltd and FirstHonorary Indian Consul in Northern Ireland. (from Number 10 press release)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Rana’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 5.17% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Rana’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 10 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from