A selection of Lord Forsyth of Drumlean's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Almost always voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 9 votes against, 6 absences, between 2008–2011
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
5 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Forsyth of Drumlean’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Forsyth of Drumlean’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, given that the Financial Secretary to the Treasury has refused on four occasions to come to the Economic Affairs Committee and its sub-committee on the loan charge and shown himself unwilling to look at the evidence of hardship being caused, might my noble friend try lobbying the Chancellor on this matter instead? Could my noble friend acknowledge that this is not about avoiding...
To ask Her Majesty's Government why it has been proposed that the British Transport Police control room in Birmingham should be closed down and all control rooms replaced by one control room in Camden.
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether it is their policy to encourage the dispersal of public sector jobs from London to other regions in the UK; and if so, how this is being implemented by the British Transport Police.
More of Lord Forsyth of Drumlean’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Currently held offices
- Chair, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (since 4 Sep 2018)
- Chair, Economic Affairs Committee (since 27 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (8 Dec 2015 to 4 Mar 2016)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (8 Jun 2015 to 27 Jun 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (25 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Soft Power Committee (16 May 2013 to 11 Mar 2014)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (15 Dec 2008 to 15 May 2013)
- Member, Barnett Formula Committee (10 Dec 2008 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, House of Lords Reform (Joint Committee) (19 Jun 2002 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England (6 Mar 2000 to 11 May 2001)
- Secretary of State for Scottish Office (5 Jul 1995 to 1 May 1997)
- Minister of State (Home Office) (20 Jul 1994 to 5 Jul 1995)
- Minister of State (Department of Employment) (14 Apr 1992 to 19 Jul 1994)
- Minister of State (Scottish Office) (7 Sep 1990 to 13 Apr 1992)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Scottish Office) (13 Jun 1987 to 7 Sep 1990)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 15 May 1987)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from