A selection of Baroness Finlay of Llandaff’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011.
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Finlay of Llandaff’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Finlay of Llandaff’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I shall contribute briefly from these Benches because it is important for us all to be aware of just how much people outside have been watching the progress of the Bill. Indeed, today in the Public Gallery we have some bereaved parents who have suffered at the hands of things that have come up on the internet. We have been very privileged, all the way through the Bill, to be able to...
My Lords, I declare that I am registered with the General Medical Council. I am a doctor and I have been involved in providing some support to the Nuffield review into disagreements in care of critically ill children, which is about to report. As the noble Baroness, Lady Merron, pointed out, this is unbearably and unbelievably terrible. I watched the whole story unfold almost with a sense of...
To ask His Majesty's Government how many babies born in England between January 2012 and December 2022 had neural tube defects; and how many pregnancies were terminated in that period because of neural tube defects.
More of Baroness Finlay of Llandaff’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 10 July 2001
Currently held offices
- Member, Integration of Primary and Community Care Committee (since 31 Jan 2023)
- Member, Standing Orders (Private Bills) Committee (Lords) (since 22 Feb 2022)
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 5 Mar 2018)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 6 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure and Privileges Committee ( 1 Jul 2019 to 31 Jan 2023)
- Member, National Policy for the Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Public Service and Demographic Change Committee (29 May 2012 to 5 Mar 2013)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (14 Nov 2007 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Committee on the Assisted Dying for the terminally ill Bill (30 Nov 2004 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (22 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2002 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (13 Nov 2002 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (13 Nov 2002 to 17 Nov 2005)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)