A selection of Baroness Finlay of Llandaff's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Finlay of Llandaff’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Finlay of Llandaff’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, will the Government outline the plans to roll out thrombectomy, which is sucking out the blood clot and is done under remote X-ray control? It has massively improved outcomes, even on thrombolysis, which tries to dissolve the clot. Such services need to be available across the UK on a 24/7 basis because stroke does not respect the clock or the calendar.
My Lords, I have three amendments in this group, which are there simply because the topic is lasting power of attorney. I do not have an argument with Amendment 83 at all. It is absolutely right that the person’s best interests must be considered and that someone cannot just give consent on their behalf. The amendments that I have tabled are designed to solve three current problems that...
More of Baroness Finlay of Llandaff’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 10 July 2001
Currently held offices
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 5 Mar 2018)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 6 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Policy for the Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Public Service and Demographic Change Committee (29 May 2012 to 5 Mar 2013)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (14 Nov 2007 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Committee on the Assisted Dying for the terminally ill Bill (30 Nov 2004 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (22 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2002 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (13 Nov 2002 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (13 Nov 2002 to 17 Nov 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from