A selection of Baroness Finlay of Llandaff’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Finlay of Llandaff’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Finlay of Llandaff’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I draw attention to the registered relevant interests of my noble friend Lord Alton, whose Bill this is, and introduce it on his behalf. The Bill was introduced by Baroness Finlay of Llandaff (on behalf of Lord Alton of Liverpool), read a first time and ordered to be printed.
My Lords, I am grateful to the Minister for pointing out that not all disabilities are visible. The use of the sunflower lanyard can be useful, but some people feel that it is stigmatising to wear such a lanyard. Is there a date fixed for a follow-up to that round table discussion? Has there been a request to airport authorities to report, at such a meeting, an audit they have undertaken of...
My Lords, I declare all my interests as listed in the register, including having worked throughout my life in the NHS. I congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Hunt of Kings Heath, both on securing this debate and, more so, on all the work he has done in his many years of service to the health of this nation. Perhaps we should have called this debate “In Place of Fear”, the title of Bevans’s...
More of Baroness Finlay of Llandaff’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 10 July 2001
Currently held offices
- Member, Integration of Primary and Community Care Committee (since 31 Jan 2023)
- Member, Standing Orders (Private Bills) Committee (Lords) (since 22 Feb 2022)
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 5 Mar 2018)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 6 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure and Privileges Committee ( 1 Jul 2019 to 31 Jan 2023)
- Member, National Policy for the Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Public Service and Demographic Change Committee (29 May 2012 to 5 Mar 2013)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (14 Nov 2007 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Committee on the Assisted Dying for the terminally ill Bill (30 Nov 2004 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (22 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2002 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (13 Nov 2002 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (13 Nov 2002 to 17 Nov 2005)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)