A selection of Lord Skidelsky's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Has never voted on more EU integration
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Skidelsky’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Skidelsky’s full vote analysis page for more.
I should like to make just one point. The noble and learned Lord, Lord Keen, came close to admitting that to put IPSO in the Bill was a mistake—I say came close to admitting—whereas it would have been perfectly all right to have just said, “the editors’ code”. There is something there to discuss, because if you call it the IPSO editors’ code, that looks as...
I wonder how relevant all those last bits are to the subject we are discussing.
I have one more question. I thought we were discussing the substance of the argument, not the personalities of the people who may support one side or the other.
More of Lord Skidelsky’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1991
Currently held offices
- Member, EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee (since 12 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (9 Oct 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Financial Services Bill (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2011 to 13 Dec 2011)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (22 Nov 2006 to 6 May 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E (12 Nov 1991 to 3 Nov 1994)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Skidelsky’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 8.19% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Skidelsky’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 82 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from