A selection of Viscount Simon's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
13 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Viscount Simon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Viscount Simon’s full vote analysis page for more.
I am instructed by order of the House to say that the Motion “That the Question be now put” is considered a most exceptional procedure, and the House should not accept it save in circumstances where it is felt to be the only means of ensuring the proper conduct of business in the House. Further, if the Member who seeks to move it persists in his intention, the practice of the House is...
My Lords, I will raise a matter which is slightly wide of today’s debate but none the less very relevant to the future of our world. Yellowstone Park’s volcano is a massive cauldron which contains several tens of thousands of kilometres of magmatic material. The chances of an explosion are currently thought to be around 1:730,000, but a sudden weakening of the geological layers could...
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they provide guidance to local authorities on ultra low emission zones.
More of Viscount Simon’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1993
Currently held offices
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 2 Jun 2010)
- Member, Standing Orders (Private Bills) Committee (Lords) (since 6 Dec 2004)
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 16 Mar 1998)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (21 Nov 2006 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Personal Bills Committee (6 Dec 2004 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (1 Dec 2000 to 7 Nov 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Viscount Simon’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 89.10% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Viscount Simon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 116 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from