A selection of Lord Young of Norwood Green's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Young of Norwood Green’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Young of Norwood Green’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I too congratulate my noble friend Lord Harris on securing this fascinating debate exploring the causes of violent crime and whether there is a quick fix. I have listened with interest to the contributions. Once again, I congratulate the Library on its briefing. It includes a minefield of statistics, but one thing drew my attention. Last month, the Office for National Statistics...
I was not being flippant. I hope I was making the point that I support the police in such action. However, having said that, we know that when they do take that kind of action we will have to address the points made by the noble Lord. Again, I hope the Minister will respond. We require regulation of how and when the action will be taken, but I certainly support the approach and I believe...
I am sorry to delay the end, but I asked when the Government were going to review the transition to the new funding formula.
More of Lord Young of Norwood Green’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 7 September 2004
Positions held at time of appointment: Senior Deputy General Secretary, Communication Workers' Union. (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Member, EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee (since 27 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill Select Committee (Lords) (5 May 2016 to 15 Dec 2016)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (8 Oct 2010 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (13 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (10 Jun 2009 to 13 Oct 2009)
- Government Whip (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (Postal Affairs and Employment Relations) (also Lord in Waiting) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Skills & Apprenticeships), Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (9 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Lords in Waiting (Skills & Apprenticeships), HM Household (9 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (6 Oct 2008 to 9 Oct 2008)
- Government Whip (6 Oct 2008 to 9 Oct 2008)
- Government Whip (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills) (Skills & Apprenticeships) (5 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (17 Jan 2008 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (8 Oct 2007 to 16 Oct 2008)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from