A selection of Lord Alliance's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 14 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Alliance’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Alliance’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I declare an interest as the chairman and main shareholder of a company that is the second largest customer of the Royal Mail. I greatly appreciate the relationship my company has had with the Royal Mail over the past 100 years, although I have not been in charge for all that time. I very much wish this relationship to continue, as the Royal Mail has done a very good job but, in...
My Lords, my first remarks in the Chamber are ones of immense gratitude to the people of this country and to its system of democracy. More than 50 years ago, I arrived in Manchester—the home of textiles—as a teenage Jewish immigrant with very little English and only a few pounds in my pocket—the princely sum of £14 to be precise. The generous, warm-hearted Lancashire...
More of Lord Alliance’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 13 September 2004
Positions held at time of appointment: Chairman, N Brown Group. (from Number 10 press release)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (24 May 2005 to 8 Nov 2006)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Alliance’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 7.53% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Alliance’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from