A selection of Baroness D'Souza's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
13 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2008–2011
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness D'Souza’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness D'Souza’s full vote analysis page for more.
Could the Minister say something about a separate charitable fund held by the Treasury, which I am told arises from fines imposed on banks during the banking crisis? If that fund exists, what size is it and who can access it?
My Lords, recent research begins to suggest that certain kinds of assistance can have the effect of stabilising communities, even within the context of war and conflict. I am talking about investments in infrastructure such as roads, sewerage and water. Can the Minister tell us something about whether the Army will be involved in working with the Afghan army in trying to further...
My Lords, are the Government carrying out research on the causes of the increase in mental health issues in both young children and teenagers?
More of Baroness D'Souza’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 15 September 2004
Positions held at time of appointment: Executive Director, International Centre Against Censorship. (from Number 10 press release)
Party was Crossbench until 31 Aug 2011
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, House Committee (Lords) (5 Sep 2011 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Lord Speaker (5 Sep 2011 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Sub-Committee on Leave of Absence (28 Jun 2011 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Member, Joint Committee on Security (26 Nov 2008 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Member, Committee for Privileges and Conduct (Lords) (20 Nov 2007 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2007 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (15 Nov 2007 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (13 Nov 2007 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Member, Committee of Selection (Lords) (7 Nov 2007 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Member, Accommodation Steering Group Committee (6 Nov 2007 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (15 Jun 2005 to 7 Dec 2016)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (24 May 2005 to 30 Nov 2007)
- Member, Freedom of Information Advisory Panel (Lords) (7 Dec 2004 to 30 Oct 2007)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Baroness D'Souza’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 9.44% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness D'Souza’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 133 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from