A selection of Lord Kerr of Kinlochard's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 4 absences, in 2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 1 vote against, 5 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Kerr of Kinlochard’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Kerr of Kinlochard’s full vote analysis page for more.
I am grateful to the noble Lord. The first of my two quick points is to clarify the issue of irrevocability raised by the noble Lord, Lord Finkelstein—and I am glad that he did so. We discussed the issue extensively at Second Reading and he told his readers in the Times that we did not mention it at all, so I am glad that he is here this time. I also pay tribute to the skill of the...
My Lords, I disagree with the amendment because I see two defects in it, one of which was highlighted by the noble Lord, Lord Lexden, a moment ago. It purports to tie the hands of Parliament—which it should not do—unlike Amendment 3, which we will debate later today, which gives Parliament the certainty of having more options. The second defect is that the amendment does not...
More of Lord Kerr of Kinlochard’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 14 September 2004
Positions held at time of appointment: Secretary-General, European Convention. (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (since 8 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (8 Dec 2015 to 4 Mar 2016)
- Member, European Union Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (9 Dec 2008 to 17 Oct 2011)
- Member, European Union Committee (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (29 Nov 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Kerr of Kinlochard’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 29.70% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Kerr of Kinlochard’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 171 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from