A selection of Baroness Northover's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Northover’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Northover’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what action they will take in the light of the decision of the Supreme Court in Iran not to free dual British-Iranian national Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe; and whether they will publicly call for her release.
My Lords, I also welcome what the noble Baroness has said, but she will be aware that these very vulnerable men are vulnerable not only due to the actions of their Government but now from honour killings. Can she expedite what she has said she will do in terms of visas?
My Lords, the first principle of the Commonwealth charter is democracy. Therefore my noble friend is undoubtedly right. The second concerns human rights. Will the Minister guarantee that the Government will put as a major theme the promotion not only of women’s rights but of those within the LGBT community?
More of Baroness Northover’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 10 May 2000
Positions held at time of appointment: Chair, Women's Liberal Democrats (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (since 28 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (International Development) (1 Jun 2015 to 28 Oct 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development (4 Nov 2014 to 7 May 2015)
- Lords Spokesperson (Women & Equalities) (7 Oct 2013 to 5 Nov 2014)
- Member, Trusts (Capital and Income) Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (19 Jun 2012 to 24 Jul 2012)
- Lords Spokesperson (Department for International Development) (5 Sep 2011 to 4 Nov 2014)
- Baroness in Waiting (HM Household) (Whip) (11 May 2010 to 4 Mar 2015)
- Spokesperson for International Development (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (9 Dec 2008 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (15 Jun 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, International Development (22 Feb 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister, International Development (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (8 Dec 2003 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (International Development) (9 Dec 2002 to 6 May 2010)
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Health) (18 Dec 2000 to 10 Oct 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from