A selection of Lord Plumb's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 13 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Plumb’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Plumb’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I thank my noble friend Lord Lindsay for raising this issue and putting forward this important Motion. It is equally important that we debate the issue a little more often than we have done in the past. It is good for us to know where our food comes from, who produces it and how and where it might come from if we do not produce it here. As I move towards retirement, after 30 years...
My Lords, it is always a pleasure to follow the right reverend Prelate. I agree with everything he said. It is good that we have such interest in rural affairs and the countryside in its entirety. It is for that reason that I think we have all enjoyed the contributions made so far, certainly from colleagues who have just joined the House. It is appropriate at this hour to concentrate for a...
My Lords, I declare my farming interest. I am sure some people here would accept that I have been raising the question of farm prices even longer than the noble Baroness, Lady Sharples, has been raising that of the horrible knotweed disease we have been talking about. Does the Minister agree that there is a major problem not just for farmers, but for the banks and various financial...
More of Lord Plumb’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1987
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy (23 Oct 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 23 Oct 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (18 May 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (9 Dec 2008 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, European Union Committee (13 Nov 2007 to 1 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (29 Nov 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (15 Nov 1990 to 5 Nov 1993)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Plumb’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 28.50% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Plumb’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 98 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from