A selection of Lord Plumb's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 13 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Plumb’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Plumb’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I declare my farming interest. I am sure some people here would accept that I have been raising the question of farm prices even longer than the noble Baroness, Lady Sharples, has been raising that of the horrible knotweed disease we have been talking about. Does the Minister agree that there is a major problem not just for farmers, but for the banks and various financial...
My Lords, I declare my support to remain in the European Union. I support the Bill, generally, and look forward to the debate in which we will have the opportunity for much discussion on detail. I have doubts about the referendum and therefore I wholly support the points made by my noble friend Lord Bowness. I first got involved in 1972, 43 years ago. At that particular time I was involved...
My Lords, I thank my noble friend for leading us in this debate on the state of the dairy industry, which, I submit, is overdue. I declare an interest as a farmer, although sadly not a dairy farmer any longer. My son persuaded me quite a long time ago now that there were more pleasant ways of losing money than milking cows, so we decided to diversify, which we still do. We joined a sector of...
More of Lord Plumb’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1987
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy (23 Oct 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 23 Oct 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (18 May 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (9 Dec 2008 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, European Union Committee (13 Nov 2007 to 1 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (29 Nov 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (15 Nov 1990 to 5 Nov 1993)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Plumb’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 29.88% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Plumb’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 96 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from