A selection of Baroness Hamwee's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Hamwee’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Hamwee’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, the underlying thinking here ties in quite closely with the debate on the previous group, and I am not sure that anyone said then that losing the word “Independent” from the title was particularly significant because of the very fact that it will be a change—more significant than if one was creating a new organisation and not having the word in its title from the...
Would the Minister accept that the bit the public will be aware of—like the change from an organisation with the term “independent” in its title—is the change from a board structure where there is a bar on all members of the board having been police officers or involved with the police service to a situation where there need not be, not the detail of the report of the...
My Lords, I am indeed happy. The insertion of the words in Amendment 147 give the clause a completely different meaning. I beg leave to withdraw Amendment 146. Amendment 146 withdrawn.
More of Baroness Hamwee’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1991
Currently held offices
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (since 16 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Extradition Law Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 25 Feb 2015)
- Member, Inheritance and Trustees’ Powers Bill [HL] Committee (28 Oct 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Member, Inquiries Act 2005 Committee (16 May 2013 to 26 Feb 2014)
- Member, Adoption Legislation Committee (29 May 2012 to 26 Feb 2013)
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (formerly Merits Committee) (16 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Leader's Group on Working Practices Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 26 Apr 2011)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (9 Jun 2010 to 15 May 2012)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 2010 to 14 May 2014)
- Spokesperson for Communities and Local Government (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (15 Dec 2008 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional and Local Government), Department for Communities and Local Government (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Department for Communities and Local Government (6 Jul 2007 to 27 Jul 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional & Local Government), Department for Communities and Local Government (2 Aug 2006 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional & Local Government), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (1 Jun 2005 to 2 Aug 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister Local Government & the Regions (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister Local Government & the Regions (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Select Committee on the Ceremony of Introduction (17 Dec 1997 to 30 Apr 1998)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Relations between Central and Local Government, Committee on (27 Nov 1995 to 2 Jul 1996)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (22 Nov 1994 to 7 May 1997)
- Member, Refreshment Sub Committee (11 Nov 1991 to 3 Nov 1994)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from