A selection of Baroness Hamwee's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Hamwee’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Hamwee’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I am grateful to the Minister for offering to look at Amendment 114. However, I wonder whether before Report she could look also at Amendment 115 in the light of Section 33(3)(f) of the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011. Section 33(3) of that Act gives powers that cover, “actions and decisions of the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime”. That is...
I absolutely do not have any encyclopaedic knowledge. However, I am very glad that the Minister has agreed to look into this in more detail because, as the noble Lord describes the situation, it is a farce. As I recall, there was a sort of evolution of thinking about deputy mayors and the use of the 10-plus-two people in the original Greater London Authority Act, and their position....
My Lords, I support the noble Lord, Lord Harris, on this. I remember quite clearly, during the passage of the Greater London Authority Act, the then Minister—or the government representative at the Dispatch Box; I think it was a Whip at the time—saying firmly, on the basis of notes coming to her from the Box, that the London Assembly should be allowed to sort out its own...
More of Baroness Hamwee’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1991
Currently held offices
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (since 16 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Extradition Law Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 25 Feb 2015)
- Member, Inheritance and Trustees’ Powers Bill [HL] Committee (28 Oct 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Member, Inquiries Act 2005 Committee (16 May 2013 to 26 Feb 2014)
- Member, Adoption Legislation Committee (29 May 2012 to 26 Feb 2013)
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (formerly Merits Committee) (16 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Leader's Group on Working Practices Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 26 Apr 2011)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (9 Jun 2010 to 15 May 2012)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 2010 to 14 May 2014)
- Spokesperson for Communities and Local Government (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (15 Dec 2008 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional and Local Government), Department for Communities and Local Government (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Department for Communities and Local Government (6 Jul 2007 to 27 Jul 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional & Local Government), Department for Communities and Local Government (2 Aug 2006 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional & Local Government), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (1 Jun 2005 to 2 Aug 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister Local Government & the Regions (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister Local Government & the Regions (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Select Committee on the Ceremony of Introduction (17 Dec 1997 to 30 Apr 1998)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Relations between Central and Local Government, Committee on (27 Nov 1995 to 2 Jul 1996)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (22 Nov 1994 to 7 May 1997)
- Member, Refreshment Sub Committee (11 Nov 1991 to 3 Nov 1994)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from