A selection of Baroness Hamwee's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Hamwee’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Hamwee’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, we have Amendment 28AV in this group, which is also about the common-law duty of confidentiality. Obviously that includes doctor-patient confidentiality. We are with the noble Baroness in her concerns. Apart from wanting to see that duty preserved, the reason for the amendment is to seek confirmation that it is to be overwritten rather than preserved. I found subsection (7) quite...
My Lords, I thank the Minister for that response. I had forgotten to say that I was glad to see the government amendments about the affirmative procedure—it was because of looking at those that we got those two stray amendments that were tabled in error. The noble Lord, Lord Collins, is absolutely right about the codes of practice. I simply say, before begging leave to withdraw, that it...
My Lords, we have two amendments in this group. The Minister was just a little previous in answering Amendment 25YYD on modification, so we do not need to go back to that. Amendment 33ZYD would remove several organisations from the list of specified persons for the purposes of fraud provisions, and the amendment is here to enable us to ask whether all these require the data-sharing gateway...
More of Baroness Hamwee’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1991
Currently held offices
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (since 16 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Extradition Law Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 25 Feb 2015)
- Member, Inheritance and Trustees’ Powers Bill [HL] Committee (28 Oct 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Member, Inquiries Act 2005 Committee (16 May 2013 to 26 Feb 2014)
- Member, Adoption Legislation Committee (29 May 2012 to 26 Feb 2013)
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (formerly Merits Committee) (16 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Leader's Group on Working Practices Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 26 Apr 2011)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (9 Jun 2010 to 15 May 2012)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 2010 to 14 May 2014)
- Spokesperson for Communities and Local Government (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (15 Dec 2008 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional and Local Government), Department for Communities and Local Government (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Department for Communities and Local Government (6 Jul 2007 to 27 Jul 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional & Local Government), Department for Communities and Local Government (2 Aug 2006 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional & Local Government), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (1 Jun 2005 to 2 Aug 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister Local Government & the Regions (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister Local Government & the Regions (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Select Committee on the Ceremony of Introduction (17 Dec 1997 to 30 Apr 1998)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Relations between Central and Local Government, Committee on (27 Nov 1995 to 2 Jul 1996)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (22 Nov 1994 to 7 May 1997)
- Member, Refreshment Sub Committee (11 Nov 1991 to 3 Nov 1994)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from