A selection of Lord Alderdice's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Alderdice’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Alderdice’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I want to emphasise the importance of both the Prime Minister and the Taoiseach being seen to be working together with the parties. The symbolism of that, as well as the practicality, is extremely important. I put to the Minister again the question that my noble friend Lady Suttie put. In the preparations for whatever outcome there is post-Easter, will the noble Lord and his...
My Lords, I have always been a fervent European. It is an emotional thing as much as an intellectual one. In my own family there are people from outside of the UK. My wife and I make our home not just in Northern Ireland but also in continental Europe. As a former vice-president of the European Liberal Democrat Party and someone always committed to Europe, it is part of me politically; and...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what plans they have to ensure parity of esteem between mental and physical health.
More of Lord Alderdice’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer, Former Speaker, and MLA for Belfast East
Entered the House of Lords in 1996
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 28 April 2003 — General election
Party was Alliance until 30 Jun 1998; Initial Presiding Officer until 30 Nov 1999; Speaker until 28 Apr 2003
Also represented Belfast East
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (8 Jun 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Northern Ireland) (1 Jun 2015 to 28 Oct 2016)
- Member, Mental Capacity Act 2005 Committee (16 May 2013 to 25 Feb 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (22 Jun 2010 to 13 Oct 2011)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (15 Jun 2010 to 25 Feb 2014)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (15 Jun 2010 to 25 Feb 2014)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2002 to 7 Apr 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Alderdice’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 35.95% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 20 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 16 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Alderdice’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 230 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from