A selection of Lord Addington's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
10 votes for, 5 votes against, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Addington’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Addington’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, would it not be a good idea if the empire of the Student Loans Company were slightly restricted, as it is now a very big organisation? Is this a good opportunity to remove the disabled students allowance from it as we could probably get better results if we had a more focused attitude towards that?
To ask Her Majesty’s Government why dyslexic students have to pay for an assessment for disabled students’ allowance when other disabled students do not.
My Lords, I beg leave to ask the Question standing in my name on the Order Paper, and I draw the House’s attention to my declared interests.
More of Lord Addington’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1982
Currently held offices
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (since 17 May 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, The Arctic Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 11 Feb 2015)
- Member, Olympic and Paralympic Legacy Committee (16 May 2013 to 6 Nov 2013)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (2 Jun 2010 to 15 Jun 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (2 Jun 2010 to 15 Jun 2010)
- Spokesperson for Defence, Spokesperson for Culture, Media and Sport , Deputy Chief Whip (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Defence (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (19 Dec 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Shadow Minister (17 Aug 2006 to 19 Dec 2006)
- People With Disabilities, Non-Departmental & Cross Departmental Responsibilities (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (1 Jun 2005 to 17 Aug 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Disability), Work & Pensions (1 Jun 2005 to 25 Oct 2007)
- Deputy Chief Whip (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Culture, Media & Sport (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Work & Pensions (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (2 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Minister (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Other Whip (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- People With Disabilities, Non-Departmental & Cross-Departmental Responsibilities (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (17 Dec 2003 to 7 May 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from