A selection of Lord Addington's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Addington’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Addington’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, the first task that falls to me today is to say thank you from these Benches to my noble friend Lady Sharp for all her hard work on behalf of these Benches. I have many an anecdote about working with my noble friend which we do not have time for, but one of my favourites involved a young and bumptious MP telling us what he wanted done, but after leaving the room, he discovered...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they are taking to ensure that all sports with British representation in the 2016 Paralympic Games will be available for viewing on terrestrial television.
I thank the noble Earl for that reply. Can the Government give an undertaking that they will encourage all those who are in the process of granting cities the right to host future Games to insist that those cities guarantee in the planning process that the Paralympic Games will have full coverage? That will ensure that we do not have the situation we are in now, where certain sports will...
More of Lord Addington’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1982
Currently held offices
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (since 17 May 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, The Arctic Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 11 Feb 2015)
- Member, Olympic and Paralympic Legacy Committee (16 May 2013 to 6 Nov 2013)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (2 Jun 2010 to 15 Jun 2010)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (2 Jun 2010 to 15 Jun 2010)
- Spokesperson for Defence, Spokesperson for Culture, Media and Sport , Deputy Chief Whip (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Defence (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (19 Dec 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Shadow Minister (17 Aug 2006 to 19 Dec 2006)
- People With Disabilities, Non-Departmental & Cross Departmental Responsibilities (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Deputy Chief Whip (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Disability), Work & Pensions (1 Jun 2005 to 25 Oct 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (1 Jun 2005 to 17 Aug 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Culture, Media & Sport (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Work & Pensions (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (2 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- People With Disabilities, Non-Departmental & Cross-Departmental Responsibilities (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Other Whip (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (17 Dec 2003 to 7 May 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from