A selection of Lord Higgins's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Higgins’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Higgins’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they are taking to improve equine welfare standards.
My Lords, given the appalling effect which the policies of Transport for London have had on road congestion and pollution in the capital, is there not a case for replacing it with a more cost-effective and accountable body rather than extending its remit into other areas where it can do more damage?
More of Lord Higgins’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Personal Service Companies Committee (12 Nov 2013 to 31 Mar 2014)
- Member, Trusts (Capital and Income) Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (19 Jun 2012 to 24 Jul 2012)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (22 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- Member, Committee on the Speakership of the House (12 Jul 2005 to 19 Dec 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Work & Pensions and Welfare Reform (17 Mar 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Economic Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Economic Affairs (10 May 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Standards in Public Life Committee (16 Nov 1994 to 8 Nov 1995)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Committee (1 Jan 1992 to 16 Mar 1992)
- Member, Privileges Committee (22 Nov 1988 to 16 Mar 1992)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Sub-Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 16 Mar 1992)
- Chair, Treasury & Civil Service Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 1 Jan 1992)
- Chair, Liaison Committee (Commons) (9 Jun 1983 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (15 Jun 1982 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Member, Procedure Committee (20 Nov 1980 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Committee (3 May 1979 to 9 Jun 1983)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (7 Apr 1972 to 4 Mar 1974)
- Minister of State (HM Treasury) (23 Jun 1970 to 7 Apr 1972)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from