A selection of Lord Roberts of Conwy's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 8 votes against, 6 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Roberts of Conwy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Roberts of Conwy’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the effect on the United Kingdom economy of the outcomes of the "fiscal cliff" discussions in the United States of America.
Is my noble friend aware, as I am sure he is, that many believe that unless the end-year fiscal crisis in the US is averted, involving as it does some hundreds of billions of dollars' worth of tax rises and spending, there is a risk that the US could return to recession, and the prospects for our exporters to the United States could be very gloomy indeed? Such prospects are already gloomy in...
More of Lord Roberts of Conwy’s recent appearances
Former Conservative Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Left the House of Lords on 13 December 2013 — Died
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister, Wales (16 Dec 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Wales (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Local and Devolved Government Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Local and Devolved Government Affairs (10 May 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (28 Nov 1994 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Minister of State (Welsh Office) (15 Jun 1987 to 28 Nov 1994)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Welsh Office) (7 May 1979 to 13 Jun 1987)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Roberts of Conwy’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 51.62% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 3 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 279 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from