A selection of Baroness Gale’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
10 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011.
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010.
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Gale’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Gale’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask His Majesty's Government what plans they have to mark White Ribbon Day on 25 November.
To ask His Majesty’s Government, further to the answer by Lord Sharpe of Epsom on 1 December 2022 (HL Deb col 1869), what progress they have made in evaluating the pilot of the Support for Migrant Victims scheme; and when, if at all, they intend to rescind their reservation on Article 59 of the European Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence...
While I thank the Minister for his reply, it is practically identical to the one that he gave me on 1 December last year. How long does it take to evaluate a pilot scheme? This has been going on now for more than two years. How much longer is it going to take and, when it is accepted, will he report back to the House so that the Government can then consider removing the reservation on Article 59?
More of Baroness Gale’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (17 Sep 2020 to 31 Jan 2023)
- Member, Lord Speaker's Advisory Panel on Works of Art (25 Jan 2017 to 23 Oct 2019)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Equalities and Women's Issues) ( 9 Jan 2017 to 15 Apr 2020)
- Member, Select Committee on Charities (25 May 2016 to 26 Mar 2017)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (16 May 2013 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (20 Jun 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Opposition Whip (Lords) ( 8 Oct 2010 to 1 Oct 2013)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2009 to 15 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (24 May 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) ( 8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)