A selection of Lord Lucas's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Lucas’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Lucas’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government who represents the UK at the Universal Postal Union; which organisation any such representative is part of; and what steps, if any, they intend to take in regard to the current level of charges for postal packets from China to the UK.
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they intend to publish the results of the research project started in 2011 by the NHS Gender Identity Development Service Early pubertal suppression in a carefully selected group of adolescents with gender identity disorder; and if not, whether they will arrange for the data gathered by that study to be made available to other researchers.
To ask the Senior Deputy Speaker, following action taken by Her Majesty's Government to convert some communal toilets in visitor and office facilities from single-sex to gender-neutral, what plans he has, if any, to reassign some or all of the toilets on the Principal Floor of the House of Lords to gender-neutral use.
More of Lord Lucas’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1991
Currently held offices
- Member, Democracy and Digital Technologies Committee (since 13 Jun 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Regenerating Seaside Towns and Communities Committee (17 May 2018 to 19 Mar 2019)
- Member, Intellectual Property (Unjustified Threats) Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (13 Sep 2016 to 9 Nov 2016)
- Member, Digital Skills Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 4 Feb 2015)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (Higher education in STEM subjects) (29 Nov 2011 to 17 Jul 2012)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (14 Nov 2007 to 8 Dec 2011)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (24 May 2005 to 30 Nov 2007)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (11 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Committee On Animals In Scientific Procedures (28 Jun 2001 to 16 Jul 2002)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (28 Nov 1995 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (22 Nov 1994 to 8 Nov 1995)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from