A selection of Lord Lloyd of Berwick's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for university tuition fees Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 13 absences, between 2008–2011
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Lloyd of Berwick’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Lloyd of Berwick’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their assessment of the Report of the Inquiry into the Use of Immigration Detention in the United Kingdom, published on 3 March.
(Valedictory Speech) My Lords, I will speak first to the subject matter of the debate since I was a member of the group which produced this report. The basic legal principle is not in doubt: executive detention is lawful if, but only if, there is a realistic prospect of removing the detainee within a reasonable time. When we debated the Immigration Act this time last year, my noble friend...
More of Lord Lloyd of Berwick’s recent appearances
Former Crossbench Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1993
Left the House of Lords on 27 March 2015 — retired
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Inheritance and Trustees’ Powers Bill [HL] Committee (28 Oct 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Chair, Trusts (Capital and Income) Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (19 Jun 2012 to 24 Jul 2012)
- Chair, Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Bill [HL] Committee (5 Sep 2011 to 1 Dec 2011)
- Member, Constitutional Reform Bill Committee (22 Mar 2004 to 24 Jun 2004)
- Member, Committee on the Speakership of the House (9 Jul 2003 to 19 Dec 2005)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2002 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Chair, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (24 Jan 2002 to 27 Mar 2015)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (18 Apr 1994 to 8 Apr 1997)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Lloyd of Berwick’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 14.54% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 8 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 392 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from