A selection of Lord Mitchell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Mitchell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Mitchell’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I declare an interest as a shareholder in Sensyne Health plc, whose business is in medical artificial intelligence. I thank my noble friend Lord Freyberg for sponsoring this debate and for his truly excellent speech. He and I have been working closely together on this project for the past few months. I very much enjoyed the speech by the noble Lord, Lord Bethell. He says he is a...
I thank the noble Lord for his very helpful comments. I also thank my noble friend Lord Freyberg, who has been with me all the way on this and given me huge support, and the noble Baroness, Lady Jones, for her comments. On the Front Benches, the noble Lord, Lord Clement-Jones, has always been a supporter and, at this particular point, the noble Lord, Lord Stevenson, has guided me through the...
My Lords, the words in the Bill and the words on the screens above us summarise my position. This is the Data Protection Bill, and my amendment is solely about protecting data—our data; our data of national significance; and in particular, our data owned by our National Health Service. Who do I wish to protect it from? From the predatory big tech companies, which see a huge financial...
More of Lord Mitchell’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 24 May 2000
Positions held at time of appointment: Founder and Chairman, Syscap plc (from Number 10 press release)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (3 Dec 2015 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (12 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (6 Sep 2012 to 10 Oct 2013)
- Member, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Committee (29 May 2012 to 10 Oct 2012)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (26 Nov 2009 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (21 Nov 2006 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2002 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (13 Nov 2002 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (26 Jun 2001 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Mitchell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 54.15% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 10 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Mitchell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 110 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from