A selection of Lord Turnberg's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Turnberg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Turnberg’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I, too, must declare my interest as a guest of the Israeli Government on the APPG visit earlier this year to Israel, the West Bank and the PLO offices in Ramallah. When I told my Israeli granddaughter that I was speaking in a debate on the peace process, she said, “What peace process?”. She was simply reflecting the widespread cynicism among Israelis—and, I fear,...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government, in the light of reports of increasing anti-Semitism in the UK, whether they will consult university Vice-Chancellors about what action they can take on the decision of the National Union of Students (NUS) to prevent the Union of Jewish Students from recommending a representative on the NUS Anti-Racism, Anti-Fascist Task Force.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Baroness Verma on 7 July 2016 (HL799), what discussion they have had with the Palestinian Authority about its non-attendance at meetings with Israeli officials on the Joint Water Committee.
More of Lord Turnberg’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 9 May 2000
Positions held at time of appointment: President, British Society of Gastroenterlogy (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Member, NHS Sustainability Committee (since 25 May 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (12 Jun 2014 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Mental Capacity Act 2005 Committee (16 May 2013 to 25 Feb 2014)
- Member, Draft Human Tissue and Embryos Bill (Joint Committee) (9 May 2007 to 8 Aug 2007)
- Member, Committee on the Assisted Dying for the terminally ill Bill (30 Nov 2004 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (22 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (28 Jun 2001 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (26 Jun 2001 to 1 Dec 2004)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (6 Dec 2000 to 18 Nov 2004)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Turnberg’s speeches
- Has received answers to 26 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 50.35% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Turnberg’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 210 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from