A selection of Lord Turnberg's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Turnberg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Turnberg’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government how many patients are currently in receipt of an NHS personal health budget; and what was the total cost of that scheme for each of the last three years for which figures are available.
My Lords, it is a pleasure to follow the noble Lord, Lord Polak. There can be no doubt that the Palestinians deserve better. I feel as deeply as anyone about their parlous position, especially those 2 million citizens who exist in a limbo of deprivation in Gaza. But where I depart from some speakers is in ascribing their terrible situation entirely to Israel’s actions. Of course,...
My Lords, does the Minister agree that accusations of racial discrimination by Israel fly in the face of the fact that 20% of Israeli citizens are Arabs, that 17 members of the Knesset are Arabs elected by the population, and that many leaders of the medical profession, academe and the arts and music, are Arabs? A Supreme Court judge who is an Arab sat in judgment on Ehud Olmert when he was...
More of Lord Turnberg’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 9 May 2000
Positions held at time of appointment: President, British Society of Gastroenterlogy (from Number 10 press release)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Long-Term Sustainability of the NHS Committee (25 May 2016 to 5 Apr 2017)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (12 Jun 2014 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Mental Capacity Act 2005 Committee (16 May 2013 to 25 Feb 2014)
- Member, Draft Human Tissue and Embryos Bill (Joint Committee) (9 May 2007 to 8 Aug 2007)
- Member, Committee on the Assisted Dying for the terminally ill Bill (30 Nov 2004 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (22 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (28 Jun 2001 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (26 Jun 2001 to 1 Dec 2004)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (6 Dec 2000 to 18 Nov 2004)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Turnberg’s speeches
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 49.90% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Turnberg’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 220 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from