A selection of Lord Wade of Chorlton's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Wade of Chorlton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Wade of Chorlton’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the impact of the European Arrest Warrant on the application of habeas corpus.
My Lords, other Members may remember a similar discussion in this House in the early 1990s when the Duke of Devonshire said in terms—I cannot remember exactly what he said—that in his view any well brought up young man should have a mistress, a yacht and a racehorse; and that, if he could not afford any one of them, he jolly well should not have them. I am inclined to agree with him.
My Lords, if one of the benefits of the Olympic Games is to encourage people to get more involved in sport, why not keep the site open next year and have an industrial exhibition to encourage people to be wealth creators?
More of Lord Wade of Chorlton’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1990
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, European Union Committee (13 Nov 2007 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (4 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Draft Gambling Bill (Joint Committee) (9 Sep 2003 to 22 Jul 2004)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (12 Dec 2000 to 3 Dec 2003)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (6 Dec 1999 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (6 Dec 1999 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, Relations between Central and Local Government, Committee on (27 Nov 1995 to 2 Jul 1996)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (20 Nov 1995 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (5 Dec 1991 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, Standing Orders (Private Bills) Committee (Lords) (5 Dec 1991 to 19 Nov 1998)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Wade of Chorlton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 25.50% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Wade of Chorlton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 20 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from