A selection of Lord Razzall’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
6 votes for, 4 votes against, 5 absences, between 2008–2011.
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
5 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2011.
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Razzall’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Razzall’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, do the Government have any view on the impact on COP 28 of the invitation for President Assad to attend?
My Lords, given that the Minister has mentioned it, may I extend the Question to cover the Government’s attempt to modify HETV tax relief for all audio-visual productions? I appreciate that this is out for consultation, but does she agree that it would be a mistake to increase the minimum expenditure threshold for HETV relief to above the current £1 million per hour, as to do so would...
My Lords, I share the views of the noble Baroness, Lady Hayter, and the noble Lord, Lord Lansley, somewhat cynically, that the Government have chosen this memorandum of understanding rather than a treaty so it should not be subject to parliamentary approval under the relevant legislation. That would mean a full parliamentary debate, permitting the treaty to be rejected. We have been unable to...
More of Lord Razzall’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Currently held offices
- Member, International Agreements Committee (since 3 Nov 2021)
- Member, Lord Speaker's Advisory Panel on Works of Art (since 24 Oct 2019)
- Member, Consolidation, &c., Bills (Joint Committee) (since 19 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Consolidation, &c., Bills (Joint Committee) (17 Jun 2015 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Civil Service and Public Sector Reform) (1 Jun 2015 to 28 Oct 2016)
- Member, Communications and Digital Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Spokesperson for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (4 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Trade & Industry (22 Feb 2005 to 4 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Trade & Industry (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Consolidation, &c., Bills (Joint Committee) (30 Apr 1998 to 30 Mar 2015)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from