A selection of Lord Evans of Parkside's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Evans of Parkside’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Evans of Parkside’s full vote analysis page for more.
asked Her Majesty's Government: When the Prime Minister will publish the full membership and terms of reference of ministerial committees of the Cabinet.
asked Her Majesty's Government: When the Attorney-General will publish the review of his current panels of junior counsel to the Crown?
My Lords, briefly, I strongly support the amendment. I am the trustee of a large community and sports club in the village in which I live that provides sport for the entire village: tennis, rugby, soccer, badminton and bowls. A huge number of sports are provided and the whole village uses that club. I know how difficult and bizarre it is to try to reach agreement with the local authority...
More of Lord Evans of Parkside’s recent appearances
Former Labour Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Left the House of Lords on 20 April 2015 — retired
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (23 Nov 1999 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (23 Oct 1996 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, Standards in Public Life Committee (16 Nov 1994 to 8 Nov 1995)
- Party Chair, Labour Party (1 Aug 1991 to 31 Jul 1992)
- Vice-Chair, Labour Party (1 Aug 1990 to 31 Jul 1991)
- Member, Defence Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 28 Apr 1988)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Aug 1982 to 31 Jul 1996)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 23 Nov 1978)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (31 Oct 1978 to 4 May 1979)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Evans of Parkside’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 69.28% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 4 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 4 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from