A selection of Baroness Blackstone's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Blackstone’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Blackstone’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I declare an interest as the chairman of the board of trustees of the British Lung Foundation. I expect that, in replying to this debate, the Minister will refer to the clean air strategy, published earlier this year. I acknowledge that much of this is a considerable step forward over what went before. However, there now needs to be greater urgency in implementing the government...
My Lords, I warmly welcome this report and I congratulate Dr Philip Augar and his team on many of their recommendations. There was one thing that hurt me a little in the foreword, where Dr Augur claims: “No prior government of any persuasion has considered further education to be a priority”. I refute that. When my noble friend Lord Blunkett was Secretary of State and I was the Minister...
Would it be possible just to say when the spending review is likely to take place?
More of Baroness Blackstone’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1987
Currently held offices
- Member, Intergenerational Fairness and Provision Committee (since 17 May 2018)
- Member, Freedom of Information Advisory Panel (Lords) (since 7 Dec 2004)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (23 Oct 2017 to 4 Jun 2018)
- Member, Long-Term Sustainability of the NHS Committee (25 May 2016 to 5 Apr 2017)
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (8 Jan 2014 to 11 Mar 2014)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (16 May 2013 to 12 May 2016)
- Member, Public Service and Demographic Change Committee (29 May 2012 to 5 Mar 2013)
- Minister of State (the Arts), Department for Culture, Media & Sport (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Minister of State (Department for Culture, Media and Sport) (Arts) (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Minister of State (Education and Employment), Department for Education and Employment (5 May 1997 to 11 Jun 2001)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from