A selection of Lord Blackwell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 12 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Blackwell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Blackwell’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, it is a great pleasure to follow the noble Lord, Lord Maclennan, whom I greatly respect even though we often disagree on this topic. Before I begin I should make clear that, while I have a number of business interests set out in the register, in speaking today I will be setting out my personal views. Given my contribution to previous debates in this House on this topic, you will not...
My Lords, does my noble friend accept that there are serious concerns about the principle of British citizens being arrested on British soil and sent into the custody of foreign judicial systems, where there is no democratic control by other British citizens, without a chance for British courts and British justice systems to take a view on it? Will my noble friend assure us that this House...
My Lords, I declare my interests as set out in the register. Does my noble friend the Minister accept that there are millions of privately employed workers delivering public services who go to work every day completely dedicated to the quality of services that they deliver to the public? Does he recognise that, in tribute to their efforts, we should be clear that you do not have to be a...
More of Lord Blackwell’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (formerly Merits Committee) (16 May 2013 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (11 Dec 2008 to 15 May 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (13 Nov 2007 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, European Union Committee (29 Nov 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Dec 2002 to 6 May 2010)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Blackwell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 24.63% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 10 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Blackwell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 164 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from