A selection of Lord Blackwell’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, in 2011.
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 12 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Blackwell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Blackwell’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I am concerned that, while seemingly innocuous, this amendment might turn out to be the thin end of the wedge of government intervention in pension investment. Clearly, the obligation on pension trustees should be to do their best to get the right returns for their investors. Once we start incentivising trustees to take decisions based on incentives offered to them, that raises the...
To ask His Majesty's Government what is the average time taken for His Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) to process probate applications.
To ask His Majesty's Government what proportion of probate applications to His Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) exceed their target time of 16 weeks for processing.
More of Lord Blackwell’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Currently held offices
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (since 31 Jan 2023)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Industry and Regulators Committee (14 Apr 2021 to 31 Jan 2023)
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (16 May 2013 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (11 Dec 2008 to 15 May 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (13 Nov 2007 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, European Union Committee (29 Nov 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade ( 8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) ( 9 Dec 2002 to 6 May 2010)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)