A selection of Lord Elton's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 11 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Elton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Elton’s full vote analysis page for more.
The extent of persecution of people of faith in this century – Lord Elton.
The noble Lord, Lord Tomlinson, makes a statement from within Parliament which we all understand and we see the complexities of what is going on. However, it is important to remember, is it not, that from the outside what people see is that the population voted to go out of the Union and Parliament is vigorously obstructing it? That is not democracy and it will bring the whole organisation...
My Lords, my noble friend was emphatic about the stringency of the controls over the import of ash wood to this country. I take it that that means that no leaf and no centimetre of bark will come in. However, would he take this opportunity—alternatively, perhaps he would write, as I have given no notice of this question—to compare the progress of the disease in Britain and the United...
More of Lord Elton’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1973
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 9 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (23 Oct 2012 to 21 May 2013)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (22 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (15 Jun 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Constitution Committee (19 Nov 2002 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (24 Jan 2002 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (23 Nov 1999 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (23 Nov 1993 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (3 Dec 1990 to 5 Nov 1993)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (6 Dec 1988 to 22 Oct 1991)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (18 Nov 1982 to 15 May 1987)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Elton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 64.46% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Elton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 584 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from