A selection of Lord Hodgson of Astley Abbotts's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Hodgson of Astley Abbotts’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Hodgson of Astley Abbotts’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I thank the noble and learned Baroness, Lady Butler-Sloss, for her helpful intervention and my noble friend for her very full response. There is a really serious issue here that needs to be tackled. It is not just about bureaucracy and cost, but about unnecessary interference with people’s lives. Increasingly, it is also about damage to this country’s reputation as a...
My Lords, in moving Amendment 20, I will speak also to Amendments 21 and 22. With these amendments we return to an issue we discussed in Committee in a somewhat different format, but the underlying purpose this evening is the same: to increase the effectiveness and value for money of the current money laundering regime. Let me make it clear again, as I did in Committee, that this is not an...
I am grateful to the noble and learned Baroness for that intervention, but I can glide this down to third man, if I may use a cricketing analogy, because this is a government proposal. The Government are proposing to set up this new body, so I am sure my noble friend, when she comes to wind up, will have all the detail of how this body will work. I merely wish to ensure that it is sent down...
More of Lord Hodgson of Astley Abbotts’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 28 June 2000
Positions held at time of appointment: Chairman and Founder, Granville plc (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (formerly Merits Committee) (since 8 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Insurance Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (19 Nov 2014 to 28 Nov 2014)
- Member, Draft Protection of Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Nov 2014 to 3 Feb 2015)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (12 Jun 2014 to 25 Jun 2014)
- Member, Soft Power Committee (16 May 2013 to 11 Mar 2014)
- Member, Trusts (Capital and Income) Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (19 Jun 2012 to 24 Jul 2012)
- Member, EU Sub Committee E - Justice, Institutions and Consumer Protection (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Bill [HL] Committee (5 Sep 2011 to 1 Dec 2011)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (13 Nov 2007 to 16 May 2012)
- Shadow Minister, Home Affairs (16 Dec 2005 to 11 Jan 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Trade & Industry (16 Dec 2005 to 11 Jan 2007)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, (Also Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland - Not In Shadow Cabinet) (13 Jun 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, (Assisted By Shadow Law Officers) (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Trade & Industry (20 May 2005 to 13 Jun 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Economic Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Home Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Home Affairs (6 Jul 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Economic Affairs (10 May 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Home, Constitutional & Legal Affairs (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from