A selection of Baroness Hilton of Eggardon's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Hilton of Eggardon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Hilton of Eggardon’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I intend to concentrate on a matter that has been referred to by other noble Lords, which is the so-called special relationship with the United States, and the seductive assumption that we all share the same values. It was the perceived need to preserve the special relationship that in my view was an important element in leading to our disastrous involvement in the invasion of...
I, too, speak in support of Amendment 3. In earlier stages of the Bill I spoke about the dangers of police and politicians becoming too close. These dangers are exemplified by the current crisis in the relationships among the police, press and politicians. At one time in my police service, when David McNee was commissioner, we were quite explicitly forbidden from speaking to the media. This...
My Lords, I have to declare an interest as a trustee of the Pond Conservation Trust. Freshwater is one of the most extensively exploited and vulnerable parts of the environment. That vulnerability has been further exposed by the drought that we have experienced this spring. Moreover, the harsh spell of weather that we had before Christmas, with record low temperatures, led to many frozen...
More of Baroness Hilton of Eggardon’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1991
Currently held offices
- Member, International Relations Committee (since 25 May 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Sexual Violence in Conflict Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 22 Mar 2016)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (Higher education in STEM subjects) (13 Sep 2011 to 17 Jul 2012)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (22 Jun 2010 to 13 Sep 2011)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (17 Nov 2005 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (7 Jun 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (3 Dec 2003 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (6 Dec 1999 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (17 Dec 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (17 Dec 1998 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (6 Dec 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Nov 1994 to 3 Jun 1997)
- Member, Declaration and Registration of Interests Committee (20 Nov 1994 to 8 Nov 1995)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (23 Nov 1993 to 8 Nov 1995)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (23 Nov 1993 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, Personal Bills Committee (2 Jun 1992 to 8 Nov 1995)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (19 May 1992 to 5 Nov 1993)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (19 May 1992 to 8 Nov 1995)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (12 Nov 1991 to 5 Nov 1993)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from