A selection of Lord Swinfen's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Swinfen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Swinfen’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, what proportion of these people are Christians and what is being done to help them?
My Lords, is not the trouble on the M20 often caused by strikes in France, so it is not in fact our fault at all?
My Lords, I have one quick question: does this apply to men wearing kilts as well as to women wearing skirts?
More of Lord Swinfen’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1977
Currently held offices
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (since 3 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Artificial Intelligence Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 13 Mar 2018)
- Member, Mental Capacity Act 2005 Committee (16 May 2013 to 25 Feb 2014)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (8 Dec 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (15 Nov 1990 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (21 Nov 1978 to 20 Dec 1979)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Swinfen’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 38.08% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Swinfen’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 132 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from