A selection of Lord Swinfen’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011.
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011.
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Swinfen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Swinfen’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, are any plans in place to offload the cargo to mitigate any potential damage?
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assistance they are giving to serving and retired Ghurkas and their families in Nepal to deal with the COVID-19 crisis.
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether honey bees moved from Northern Ireland to the rest of the UK must be destroyed; and if so, why.
More of Lord Swinfen’s recent appearances
Former Conservative Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1977
Left the House of Lords on 5 June 2022
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Artificial Intelligence Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 13 Mar 2018)
- Member, Mental Capacity Act 2005 Committee (16 May 2013 to 25 Feb 2014)
- Member, Consolidation, &c., Bills (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (3 Jun 2010 to 5 Jun 2022)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (8 Dec 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (15 Nov 1990 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (21 Nov 1978 to 20 Dec 1979)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from