A selection of Lord Carter of Coles's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Carter of Coles’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Carter of Coles’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I, too, thank my noble friend Lord Turnberg for securing this debate and congratulate the noble Baroness, Lady Watkins, on her excellent maiden speech. I also declare my interests as being those on the register. We have heard that the public value the NHS so greatly, and we know from the Commonwealth Fund studies that we rank very highly in healthcare systems in the world, yet...
EU Committee report on EU energy policy – Lord Carter of Coles.
EU Committee report on the EU sugar regime – Lord Carter of Coles.
More of Lord Carter of Coles’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 22 June 2004
Positions held at time of appointment: Chair, Sport England and author of recent report on offenders. (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Member, Audit Committee (Lords) (since 17 Dec 2013)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Palace of Westminster (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2015 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Member, EU Sub Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs (21 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy (17 May 2012 to 21 May 2013)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 18 Dec 2013)
- Chair, EU Sub-Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries and Environment (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries and Environment (18 May 2010 to 22 Jun 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (24 Nov 2009 to 8 Apr 2010)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from