A selection of Lord Lamont of Lerwick's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 7 votes against, 7 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Lamont of Lerwick’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Lamont of Lerwick’s full vote analysis page for more.
I thank my noble friend for the Statement. I welcome in particular what he said about the European Court of Justice. Can he clarify what exactly is meant in the Statement? He says that we will bring to an end the direct jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice but at the same time he says that our courts can take account of the rulings of the ECJ in this area to help to ensure consistent...
My Lords, I commend the progress made, which was confirmed by several Heads of Government who were represented at the talks. I will ask the Leader two questions. First, will she make it clear that one cannot have an implementation period until one has agreed what is to be implemented; and that a transitional period or an implementation period has to come after the main issues have been...
My Lords, I follow my noble friend Lord Hunt in appealing, perhaps in vain, for rather more cross-party consensus on this issue. I also want to follow, from a different perspective, what the noble Lord, Lord Wallace of Saltaire, said, deploring the nature of our debate, the empty phrases there have been and the tilting at windmills that has gone on. We have heard a tremendous amount about...
More of Lord Lamont of Lerwick’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1998
Currently held offices
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (since 8 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub Committee C - External Affairs (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (29 Nov 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, European Union Committee (6 Dec 1999 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (6 Dec 1999 to 20 Nov 2003)
- The Chancellor of the Exchequer (28 Nov 1990 to 27 May 1993)
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (24 Jul 1989 to 28 Nov 1990)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (5 Jun 1986 to 27 Jul 1989)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (21 May 1986 to 23 Jul 1989)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Defence) (Procurement) (2 Sep 1985 to 20 May 1986)
- Minister of State (Department of Trade and Industry) (13 Jun 1983 to 2 Sep 1985)
- Minister of State (Department of Industry) (14 Sep 1981 to 12 Jun 1983)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Energy) (7 May 1979 to 5 Sep 1981)
- Member, Procedure Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 9 Jun 1983)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from