A selection of Lord Lamont of Lerwick's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 7 votes against, 7 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Lamont of Lerwick’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Lamont of Lerwick’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I draw the House’s attention to my entry in the register of interests. I support part of what the noble Lord, Lord West, said. This is an extremely dangerous situation and I condemn what Iran has apparently done. Will my noble friend the Minister bear in mind that the country with the greatest stake in keeping the Strait of Hormuz free and the Gulf of Oman navigable is Iran...
My Lords, I draw the attention of the House to my entry in the Register of Lords’ Interests. I work for a number of companies, but I particularly draw attention to my chairmanship of the British-Iranian Chamber of Commerce and the fact that I am also the Government’s trade envoy to Iran. I join in the general congratulations to my noble friend Lord Howell, who has done a tremendous...
My Lords, does the Minister agree that by merit of having been an MP for 20 years, having been born in Germany, being a privy counsellor and having demonstrated great courage in politics, Gisela Stuart is an ideal person to fill this post? Is this not a rather mean-minded Question? Can he explain the criteria for membership of the Low Pay Commission, the Equal Opportunities Commission and the...
More of Lord Lamont of Lerwick’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1998
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (8 Jun 2015 to 1 Jul 2019)
- Member, EU Sub Committee C - External Affairs (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (29 Nov 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, European Union Committee (6 Dec 1999 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (6 Dec 1999 to 20 Nov 2003)
- The Chancellor of the Exchequer (28 Nov 1990 to 27 May 1993)
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (24 Jul 1989 to 28 Nov 1990)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (5 Jun 1986 to 27 Jul 1989)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (21 May 1986 to 23 Jul 1989)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Defence) (Procurement) (2 Sep 1985 to 20 May 1986)
- Minister of State (Department of Trade and Industry) (13 Jun 1983 to 2 Sep 1985)
- Minister of State (Department of Industry) (14 Sep 1981 to 12 Jun 1983)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Energy) (7 May 1979 to 5 Sep 1981)
- Member, Procedure Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 9 Jun 1983)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from