A selection of Lord Selkirk of Douglas's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Selkirk of Douglas’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Selkirk of Douglas’s full vote analysis page for more.
United States Elie Wiesel and Atrocities Prevention Act, signed into law by the US President on 19 January – Lord Selkirk of Douglas.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to (1) support the UK poultry meat industry in key trade developments, and (2) ensure that future poultry meat imports meet Britain's welfare and production standards.
Does my noble friend accept that in recent years there have been a considerable number of pregnant women in prisons? Can he assure us that in every case the person concerned will be treated with sensitivity?
More of Lord Selkirk of Douglas’s recent appearances
Conservative Peer, Former Conservative MSP for Lothians
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Entered the Scottish Parliament on 6 May 1999 — Election
Left the Scottish Parliament on 2 April 2007 — Election
Also represented Lothians
Currently held offices
- Member, EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee (since 12 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Union Committee (25 May 2016 to 12 Jun 2018)
- Member, Draft Deregulation Bill (Joint Committee) (17 Jul 2013 to 11 Dec 2013)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (16 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (13 Nov 2007 to 15 May 2012)
- Minister of State (Scotland Office) (1 Jan 1995 to 1 Jan 1997)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Scottish Office) (13 Jun 1987 to 6 Jul 1995)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (13 Nov 1981 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Government Whip (7 May 1979 to 1 Oct 1981)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from