A selection of Viscount Eccles's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Viscount Eccles’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Viscount Eccles’s full vote analysis page for more.
Over how many weeks would the noble Lord suggest that the consultation should take place?
My Lords, I too am very grateful to my noble friend for introducing this debate. He asks what steps the Government are going to take in looking at and, hopefully, finding ways forward in a very troubled sector. From that, I exclude the nationals. Everything that has been said about them is absolutely true but there is a very big gap between how the nationals behave, the way they are treated...
My Lords, I am not sure I can follow the noble Lord, Lord Addington, down his road. However, I refer to the debt felt by the noble Baroness, Lady McIntosh, to the Bible. I share that debt, particularly to the Old Testament. I would add to that Shakespeare, Wagner and a dash of Freud, and then probably one knows as much about human nature as one is likely to learn. The most reverend Primate...
More of Viscount Eccles’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 4 April 2005
Currently held offices
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (since 19 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (17 Jun 2015 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Member, Adoption Legislation Committee (29 May 2012 to 26 Feb 2013)
- Member, EU Sub Committee E - Justice, Institutions and Consumer Protection (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Private Bills Select Committee (L) (31 Oct 2011 to 20 Dec 2011)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (23 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (7 Jun 2005 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (6 Jun 2005 to 30 Oct 2007)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Viscount Eccles’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 66.67% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Viscount Eccles’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 228 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from